We are seeking to hire experienced, communicative and compassionate individuals to join our team and help support the physical, emotional & mental well being of our clients.
In this role, you will work directly with clients to actively listen to their problems & concerns and suggest healthy and productive ways to cope.
This role requires someone who enjoys working closely with people. Not just clients, but also with other members of our team and occasionally outside agencies.
To be effective in this role, candidates should enjoy helping others and possess specific attributes and skills
- Background or Education in either Psychology, Counselling or Social work.
- Excellent Communication Skills: have a natural ability to listen and be able to clearly explain their ideas and thoughts to others
- Acceptance: relate to clients with an open, non-judgemental attitude - accepting the client for who they are and in their current situation. Candidate needs to be able to convey acceptance to their clients with warmth and understanding
- Empathy: be able to display empathy - the ability to feel what another person is feeling. Empathy means that you are truly able to imagine what its like to stand in someone else's shoes. Compassion and empathy help your clients feel understood and heard.
- Problem-solving skills: It's not up to an agent to solve their client's problems, no matter how much you might want to help. But you should have excellent problem-solving skills to be able to help your clients identify and make changes to negative thought patterns and other harmful behaviors that might be contributing to their issues.
- Rapport Building Skills: must possess a strong set of interpersonal skills to help establish rapport quickly with clients and develop relationships. Must give your undivided attention to clients and be able to cultivate trust. Needs to be able to place all of your focus on what your clients are saying and avoid being distracted by your own personal problems or concerns when you are on a call
- Multi- Cultural Competency: means that you try to relate to and understand your clients regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual preferences, religious or political beliefs or
- socio-economical background
- Listen actively
- Conduct regular conversations with clients who wish to converse about stresses or challenges they face in their daily lives
- Establish positive and trusting relationships with clients
- When required, refer clients to outside sources or agencies that can better address their specific needs
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of each and every client situation
Job Type: Contractor-100% Remote-Flexible Schedule
Wages: Starting at $100 per hour